Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Favorites!!!

Hey guys, I know I have been gone for a while and totally slacking but I went out of town and all kinds of stuff but I'm going to be home for a while and I'm going to make a conscious effort to blog every few days. :)

Okay, on to this months favorites! I sorta have a lot for this month and its not all make up so I'm going to put them in to categories. face, eyes, lips, nails, and skin care.



FACE:
Neutrogena healthy skin, I love this foundation. Its a light foundation but still gives you enough coverage with concealer to hide the things you want to camouflage and still look natural. Its great for spring when you want to look fresh and have great skin.

Garnier Skin Renew anti-dark circle roller, I have been using this for my under eye concealer all month and I love it. It covers my dark circles really well, there have been days when I haven't worn make up and I still put this on and it makes a world of difference. This matches my skin tone perfectly so when I wear it without anything else you cant even tell I'm wearing it except for the fact that I don't have the dark circle I normally have.

Garnier Skin Renew anti-puff roller, I use this every morning and every night. I have severe allergies and sinus problems this time of year, and I normally have really puffy bags under my eyes. I picked this up at the beginning of the month and I have used it every day twice a day and the puffiness is gone. I normally do have a little puffiness when I wake up in the morning but once I apply this it goes down within a few minutes. It moisturizes pretty well too, this has kind of replaced my eye cream for right now.  

Eco tools bronzing brush: I love this brush for applying liquid foundation, I have a Sigma set with the synthetic kabuki  brushes but I have been using this much more than those this month. This brush is so soft and dense and it applies my foundation effortlessly. Not sure why they call it a bronzing brush because I would never use a brush that big for bronzer. 


EYES:

Tarte emphas eyes shadow sticks, I have a set of 6 of these but I have been grabbing these a lot this month in the color champagne and moss. I love them, the staying power is great and the colors are gorgeous. This combo makes such a pretty natural eye look. I love the moss color its works really well with my green eyes but I think it would look great on everyone! 

Maybelline color explosion palette in caffeine rush, as I'm sure you can tell I love neutrals and this palette is great because its small and I can throw it in a bag for an overnight trip with a few other things and know I could create a look for anything. The colors are rich and smooth with very little fallout. I think anyone could get a lot of use out of it. 

NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk, I have been using this a lot on my waterline for that bright eyed look. It really opens up the eye and makes me look awake. I have also used this as a shadow base before but ever since I got the too cool color tattoo, I have only used this for the waterline. 

Covergirl lash blast volume, so I'm way late because this is my first tube of this. I always bought the fusion but everyone that talks about this seems to like the volume better than the fusion. So I figured I would give it a try and I love it. I'm a mascara junkie and I'm normally picky about drug store mascaras but I like both the fusion and the volume I feel like the volume actually gives me more length the the fusion even though the fusion is the one for length. Mascara kind of clumps at the tip of the wand but what mascara doesn't. Overall I love it and may just buy the volume from now on instead of the fusion.


LIPS:

EOS lip balm, in honey dew melon. I have a lot of EOS balms and I love them all  but this one smells so good so I have been using it a lot. It makes my lips so soft. 

Revlon lip butter in Lollipop, I have been using this almost all month I really love neutral eyes for spring with bright colors on the lips. Everyone talks about these so I wont go into a lot of detail but I LOVE THESE! I do want to go pick up Viva Glam Nicki but I haven't gotten out to Mac yet. 


SKIN CARE: 

Clarisonic Mia: OMGosh I have been using this all month and I have seen such a change in my skin. My pores are smaller, I have had little to no break outs, I don't have the dry patches on my face that I was having trouble with and my skin almost glows..no seriously its amazing! I waited so long to buy this and I wish I hadn't. I know its an investment but its worth it. I do have oily/combo skin and I got the deep pore brush. 

Boot expert anti-blemish cleansing foam, I have been using this with my Clarisonic and it's really been keeping my skin clear. I'm not a huge fan of the smell but it doesn't bother me all that much. 

Boots expert sensitive light moisturizing lotion: I'm always on the search for a moisturizer that is light enough for my combo skin but still gives me enough moisture to have soft skin and this is just what I have been looking for. Its a big bottle and will probably last forever, I hope it still works for me as it continues to warm up. 

Schick hydro silk razor, I love this razor it has five blades and some kind of moisture strips. My legs feel so soft after I shave and I get such a close shave with this razor. I wont be going back to my Venus razor!


NAILS: 

These are my favorite spring nails polishes, I love them. The Wet N Wild polishes are fairly new and the brush is amazing it reminds me of the brush for the Sally Hansen complete salon manicure polishes. I also love the Sally Hansen Xtreme wear polishes these polishes make my nails strong which is a plus, I just
wish the Sally Hansen Xtreme wear had the brush like the WNW ones but I still love the colors. 
 From left to right: Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Coral Reef, WNW Mega last in Candy-licious, I need a refresh mint, and I'm on a trip. Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Mint Sorbet


That's it for my March favorites, thanks for reading! If you like any of my favorites leave me a comment and let me know. Also let me know some of your March favorites. :)
Hope you will sub if you haven't already!!

xo- Amber



does anyone know of a color similar to this? I dont know what color its is but I love it!!! 




1 comment: