Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Favorites

Hey guys, Sorry I haven't been blogging..I went out of town and then got sick, but I'm better now and getting back into the swing of things. :)

I wanted to do a February favorites because, there are a lot of products over the last month that I have been continually reaching for and loving. All are drugstore items too!! <3





1. Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam foundation.  My shade is 150 classic ivory, I know many people have tried this foundation and don't like it because it is a light coverage foundation, but when I'm just running around town doing errands, at home or, even doing lunch with the girl this foundation is great. It gives me enough coverage to conceal the things I want to hide but looks so natural. So overall I love this foundation and if you want that natural simple look for day to day then check it out!!

2. Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 concealer and highlighter. My shade is 230 fair/light. I love this concealer, it covers my dark circle well, and gives just a tiny bit of luminosity under the eye. It has a little brush tip applicator, but I don't find the brush incredibly useful which is fine because I always use a concealer brush or my finger to blend in all my concealers anyway. 

3. Physician Formula Youthful Wear powder. I have the shade translucent, even though it says its translucent it does have some light coverage which is fine for me. I use it a lot with my lighter coverage foundations for just a little extra coverage. It also keeps my face very matte which is great for my oily skin. This powder does have a little bit of a scent but it smells very clean.. I actually like the smell. This line of stuff has a foundation and concealer which I haven't picked up yet but I might...not sure yet if I do I'll let y'all know. 

4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in number 40 pink plum, I have a bunch of these blushes and I love them all but pink plum is my favorite color it gives me that perfect flushed look. I know many people with darker skin tones haven't been able to use these but I have pretty light skin so they give me great color. I don't love these as much as I love the Dream mousse blushes but these are a very close second, Luckily I still have several of the Dream mousse blushes since they were discontinued. 

5. Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe, I'm loving these cream shadows I have them all, but tough as taupe is the perfect everyday shade. I have been doing single shadow looks lately for everyday looks. I think everyone has been blogging and doing videos on these shadows so I don't really have to say much but I love them they are super pigmented and they don't crease!!! 

6. Wet N Wild single shadow in Nutty. I have been using this with my color tattoo shadow and using them together it actually looks like I'm wear multiple shades on my lid because together they create that perfect shadow in your crease to make that perfectly blended eye look. I have tons of Wet N Wild shadows they have really come a long way since middle school , they are pigmented with very little fallout. I haven't met someone yet that didn't love these shadows. 

7. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Black. This made my favorite mascara blog a while back, I love this mascara I have pretty thick lashes anyway but this mascara adds volume and length. It has a thick traditional brush but has a tapered tip to get those inner lashes. I have never had problems with this flaking or smudging. Overall this is probably my favorite high end mascara. 

8. Revlon Lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake. Love the lip butters but this is the shade I reach for the most. Its that perfect subtle pink shade that gives a little color to your face without being an extremely bright lip. I was never a lipstick person before I found the lip butters. I like the Rimmel moisture renew lipsticks but I still preferred a gloss, well not anymore I have almost all the lip butters and I absolutely love them and will buy them as long as they are available.

Well that's it for my February Favorites. I have a lot of blogs planned for the next few weeks. If you liked my post I hope you will sub if you haven't already I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for reading <3 Amber 



1 comment:

  1. I will have to look into that concealer! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete