Friday, February 3, 2012

Hey guys!! Just like many of you I'm always on the hunt for that perfect mascara, I have pretty long lashes but they aren't very thick. In the past few years mascara has become some what of an obsession for me.  I have to give a little shout out to MsKimiKiwi because I have recently found her YouTube channel and blog. One of Kim's first videos was a haul in which she talk about how mascara is somewhat of an obsession so I'm glad I'm not alone!! HA HA! :)


The mascaras I'm going to review today are all mascaras I have picked up in the last few months! They aren't all new mascaras some have been a around for a while, most of them are ones that I love but there is one I HATE! So here it goes!!

The first one is the Almay Get up and grow mascara. This is one I picked up after Emilynoel83 raved out it on her YouTube channel, and let me tell you it deserves every rave review it get in my opinion. I have it in the color blackest black. I love the brush its kinda tapered in the center and it more of the traditional mascara brush which I wasn't sure I was going to like because I tend to like the rubber brushes. Its not a super wet formula, but its not dry either I haven't had it too long so it may dry out a little more. It give me a lot of length and really separates my lashes it doesn't clump or flake. I wore this for about 14 hours the other day and it didn't flake at all and my lashes didn't loose their curl. A lot of mascaras that I wear for long periods of time don't help my lashes keep the curl so my lashes end up sticking straight out and looking kinda stupid, but this kept the curl for 14 HOURS!! So needless to say I love this mascara and will defiantly be repurchasing. If you haven't picked this up yet give it a try I don't think you will be disappointed!

 Almay Get up & Grow  $7 (Walmart)


Second is the Smashbox Hyperlast mascara, OMG this has become one of my all time favorite mascaras. I don't hear many of the YouTube gurus that I watch talk about Smashbox mascaras, maybe they don't like them or have just never tried them not sure. Hyperlash is a pretty wet formula so if you aren't a fan of wet mascaras then this is probably not for you, but I personally don't mind a wet formula as long as it give me good results!! This mascara has a rubber comb like brush and its kind of unique because the end has some really small bristles for those hard to reach inside lashes, a long almost wide tooth comb like bristles on one side and a regular rubber brush like bristles on the other side. I think this is a really neat brush to have because it kind of like having all different brushes in one mascara. I get really great long almost thick lashes with his mascara which is normally hard for me find in a mascara, it wears well all day normally 8 to 12 hours for me. So if you like a wet formula that will give you separation thickness and length you'll love this mascara!!

 Smashbox Hyperlash $21 (Ulta)

Ok, I have one more Smashbox mascara. Its the Smashbox Full Exposure, This is a pretty traditional mascara with a traditional brush but, it will give you the prettiest lashes its a dry formula, wears a long time. keeps your lashes curled and, it wont flake. I use this a lot when I want really long natural looking lashes. Its not a fancy mascara but its one of the better mascaras I've come across!

 Smashbox Full Expose $19 (Ulta)

This next one is a mascara that i bought hoping I was going to love it but I don't, it's The L'oreal Voluminous Million lashes, I picked this one up in waterproof because they didn't have the regular. This mascara is super wet formula. The brush is ok is just a normal rubber brush but because the formula is so wet that when you pull the brush out of the tube there is so much product on the brush that i have to use a paper towel to help clean off the brush before I can apply it which waste so much product. I tried sticking the brush back into the tube to clean it off but that didn't help it just added more product to the brush. So overall I wouldn't recommend this mascara and I wont be repurchasing!

 L'oreal Voluminous Million lashes $7 (Walmart)

Last but not least is The L'Oreal Telescopic explosion, It's the mascara with the little sphere brush its really a kind of cool concept. Its a dry formula which give me ok length but it doesn't really separate or add volume. I really like this on my bottom lashes though it is easy to apply and looks really good. Overall Its a good mascara but nothing spectacular. I'm not sure I would repurchase this only because I do have mascaras with super tiny brushes that i like to use on my lower lashes! This maybe great for someone with tiny lashes that just want a little extra length.

 L'oreal Telescopic explosion $9 (Walmart)

Ok, guys sorry this was such a long post but I feel like a lot of people are out searching for the perfect mascara, and if I can share my thought and reviews and help someone choose a new mascara that they love or keep someone from wasting money on a totally awful mascara then it was worth it!!!!  Let me know if you have tried any of these mascaras and what your opinions are with them or let me know if there is a mascara you think I should try.




Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment