Sunday, February 12, 2012

Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette & Almay Primer Review.

Hey Guys, As I'm sure all of you know there has been a lot of talk lately about the Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette. This palette contains 56 photo op eye shadows, 4 brow powders & 1 brow wax, 8 cream eyeliners, 2 blushes, 3 highlights and, 4 lip glosses. 







This palette measures Open 16-1/2" x 8-1/4" x 3/8";  Closed 5-1/8" x 8-1/4" x 1".. I know for some that probably doesn't matter but I travel quite a bit so for me the smaller the better!! 


I think Smashbox did a really good job with this palette its very sleek and pretty, It's a bright red glossy package with white stitching.  When the palette is closed its about the size of a clutch. 






When you open up the palette there are plastic sheets laying over the products with the name of each shadow, blush, liner etc.. The Photo Op Mega Palette includes all of the Photo Op Eye Shadow Trios as well as multiple shades from the Smokebox and Softbox Eye Shadow Palettes.  


All the Shadows in the palette have been reformulated from the original photo op formula. I personally thought that the original shadows were fantastic and I didn't really think that they could get any better but they DID!! This are so of the most pigmented and buttery shadows that I have ever used. There is little to no fall out no matter what type of applicator you use, I have used a brush & sponge tip. The shadows blend almost effortlessly and you can create any and every look with this palette.  Now on to the cream eyeliners I have always been the type of  person that could never find a cream liner that I loved! I have had several that I like but never loved a cream liner, and about a year or so ago a friend gave me a Smashbox liner palette and I totally fell in love with it. So to have these liners in this palette was just a plus for me, they have all your basic colors and every color you could need to coordinate an eye look with this palette. At first I was a little afraid that the liners would dry out almost immediately but I have had this palette for almost 3 months and they haven't dried out. I guess there is still potential for them to dry out so we will see and I will make sure to update you periodically and let you know if anything changes! You also get the brow powders and a brow wax which I wont go into a lot of detail about because they are just an average set of brow products in my opinion., but you do get blonde, taupe, auburn, and brunette. :)


You also get two blushes in this palette, one is a peachy apricot shade with a little shimmer and the second is a bright pink also slightly shimmery. I really like the apricot shade, the pink is a little too bright for my light skin tone but still wearable if you use a "light hand." If you don't like shimmery blushes then these may not be your favorite blushes but don't let that keep you from buying the palette because the eye shadows in this palette alone are worth it!! You also get three highlight shades in a peach, pink and, taupe which I think are beautiful and should work for all skin tones! All three are slightly shimmery but not glittery. 


 Highlights

 blush   





The four lip gloss are great too, I really like smashbox glosses but I normally top them over a lipstick because they are sheer color. Now the first two lip colors in the palette "buff" and "bitten" are very colorful. You get a shimmery neutral, a mauve rose, an orange red and a deep berry color. Basically a color for every look you would want to create with out having to carry a palette plus 4 lipsticks/glosses. 


 glosses




All in all I love this palette and I think that it is totally worth the price! Most of the Shadows come in a smashbox trio and if you were to purchase each one of those trios it would cost somewhere around $448. So umm yea its a GREAT deal if you ask me! 










I also wanted to do a quick review on the new Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct primer. 
This primer has a green and purple helix type swirl, It claims to instantly smooth and color correct skin tone.  The lavender is supposed to even out and brighten skin and the green is supposed to reduce redness. It looks really awesome in the bottle. I have been using this primer for a few days now and it doesn't take a lot to cover your face, its a very lite thin primer and it does an ok job on my skin. It doesn't keep me as matte as other primers but I like wearing it under a light coverage foundation or a tinted moisturizer. I'm not sure that it really reduces redness like it says but it does do a great job evening out the texture and brightening my skin. The only downfall I have come across is the smell, it has a FUNKY fragrance. I have also heard others say they thought it smelt funny too so I guess that just the smell. I cant smell it on my face but I can smell it on my hands when I'm applying it.  So basically I put it on and then wash my hands and after that its fine and doesn't bother me. Its not my favorite and I'm still on the fence on whether I will repurchase because I really like what it does for my skin but its not great for keeping me matte. I'm going to keep using it and do a full review in about a week. 




 Before                                                                                                             After






Thanks for reading!! Please sub if you havent already!! 


xo-Amber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment